Here are some things that I have learned as I work on building my platform:
- Where do I set up my blog? Where will I have exposure?
- I have a blog on Blogher called WriteWhatMatters. I have had 2 articles go live so far. These articles are different from my blog posts. My most read post is “Declaration of Independence on Political Correctness.” I have been with Blogher since November. I have not had a paid assignment yet.
- I have increased my visibility by tweeting and posting to my Writers Community Board on Pinterest (My site is also called WriteWhatMatters there!)
- I have subscribed to Writer’s Digest digitally. This is a great magazine for beginning writers!
- I took an online course about making money by writing. It was very informative.
- I have been researching magazines, authors, publishers, and agents. (More on the next post!)
Researching magazines, authors, publishers, agents – This is important!